This position is responsible for providing support of the Quality Management System and adherence to quality procedures and processes.
Duties and responsibilities
• Work with the Quality team in finding root cause of defect and provide poka yoke concepts both internally and to the customer
• Assist in Kaizen and Gemba projects
• Implement and oversee floor activities regarding quality policies (internal audits)
• Assist the company in meeting planned goals for cost and quality improvements
• Have an understanding of Quality Management Systems including ISO
• Through statistical methods, initiate responses to quality concerns with detailed documentation addressing the root cause and resolution verification
• Knowledge of Quality Systems such as SPC and Lean/Six Sigma
• Define opportunities for improvement in quality processes or procedures
• Assist and/or manage projects and drive to completion
• Coordinate the completion of PPAP submissions related to areas of responsibility
• Communicate with customers and provide them with the data needed upon request
• Management retains the right to assign or change responsibilities upon request
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in Science-related field; Quality Assurance, Engineering or Mathematics/Statistics preferred OR 2-year technical degree in a related field with 5+ years of Quality Manager/Engineer experience.
Minimum Experience: 3+ years of experience in a Quality role
Skills Preferred: Positive and strong communication skills. Proficient computer skills in but not limited to Microsoft Office including Word and Excel, experience with Minitab is a plus. Strong verbal, nonverbal, and written communication skills. Ability to make thorough decisions based on data and quality standards. Statistical and problem-solving skills. Minimal travel will be associated with this role.