|Job title||Production Supervisor|
|Reports to||Production Manager|
This position is responsible for supervising designated departments and production cells to increase efficiencies and keep projects on task.
Duties and responsibilities
- Monitor and create production goals, train new production team members and cross train existing team members
- Responsible for bringing Continuous Improvement ideas forward to improve efficiency
- Ability to communicate effectively with production staff and management
- Knowledge of equipment capabilities in regards to process flow and material procurement
- Schedule labor to complete production work orders
- Ensure conflicts on production floor are handled properly and escalated to management if necessary
- Promote teamwork and listen to employee’s ideas
- Ability to operate or at least be familiar with all plant equipment
- Ability to read drawings (CAD prints), operator manuals, job orders, and follow procedural instructions
- Management retains the right to assign or change responsibilities upon request
Minimum Education: College education preferred, Bachelors or Associates degree in Industrial Technology, Manufacturing systems or Welding Technology is preferred.
Previous Experience Preferred: Applicants with documented experience as a CNC/Mill operator/programmer will be given priority. Experience with ERP/MRP software solutions is required. Lean manufacturing experience with an emphasis on inventory management/control, operations management and scheduling is also required. Knowledge of hydraulics systems, fluid dynamics, metallurgy, welding, paint systems, electronics, and ISO 9001-2008 is a plus.
Skills Preferred: CNC/Mill operations – 3yrs, CNC/Mill programming – 1 yrs, Supervisory experience with 30+ employees – 3 yrs, Inventory management – 3 yrs, Welding – 1yrs.