This position must have knowledge of equipment maintenance, electrical and mechanical troubleshooting, and implementation of preventive maintenance schedules. Perform basic to intermediate equipment maintenance tasks and general facility services with minimal supervision.
Duties and responsibilities
• Perform scheduled and unplanned maintenance of plant equipment. Including, but not limited to, CNC machining centers, manual machine tools, power tools, saws, presses, overhead cranes, mist collectors, paint line equipment, and compressed air systems.
• Perform scheduled and unplanned maintenance of company vehicles and associated equipment including forklifts.
• Perform scheduled and unplanned maintenance of facility buildings and grounds. Including but not limited to HVAC systems, plumbing and sewer, lighting, gates, & fencing.
• Record parts or materials used and requisition new parts or material as necessary.
• Thoroughly cleans machines and machine parts, removing parts and reinstalling as necessary.
• Oils and lubricates moving parts on machines to ensure effective performance.
• Identifies the causes of unexpected breakdowns of machines.
• Cleans, organizes, inventories, stocks, and otherwise maintains shop areas, parts, tools, and supplies.
• Ability to read and understand operator manuals and procedural instructions.
• Ability to operator overhead cranes and forklifts.
• Must be able to work with a wide array of departments and people. Including, but not limited to, General Production, Production Leads, Production Supervisors, Production Manager, and Facilities Manager.
• Punctual and regular attendance.
• Ability to adhere to all workplace safety rules and regulations.
• Flexible to work odd hours and days on occasion.
• Other duties as required.
Minimum Education: Highly recommended High School Diploma/GED or equivalent. Some vocational or community college with related coursework or equivalent experience, required.
Previous Experience Preferred: 5 years’ maintenance experience
• Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
• Structural welding and hand torch experience.
• Must be able to use: saws, mills, and drills.
• Mechanically inclined with great problem-solving skills.
• Works well independently and with others.
• Good communication skills.
• Organized with attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and stressful environment.