To apply, please fill out the information below.
This is a great opportunity, we are a fast growing company, looking for individuals who seek growth and future opportunity.
We are currently looking for individuals that like to work in a fast paced environment. This position is responsible for entry-level general labor while maintaining a safe work environment and adhering to Columbus Hydraulics policies and procedures. This position will be highly involved in producing high quality hydraulics cylinder components. Role must be able to inspect first piece according to blueprint and be able to use all measuring instruments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate hydraulic presses
- Operate manual lathes
- Operate oil-test bench
- Must be detail orientated and have the ability to use sharp tools safely
- Ability to read drawings (CAD prints), operator manuals, job orders, and follow procedural instructions
- Ability to inspect, identify, debur, and stack production materials
- Practice in observing safety procedures
- Assemble hydraulic cylinder components
- Maintain a clean and organized work center
- Perform accurate time log for time spent on each job
- Verify conformance of components according to blueprints using: measuring tape, calipers, squares, and other gaging instruments
- Perform other job duties as assigned
Minimum Education: Highly recommended High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
Previous Experience Preferred: 1 year of manufacturing experience preferred but not required. Willing to train the right applicant.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
- Able to read and interpret drawings
- Understand basics of a machine shop
- Ability to read, write, and follow written and verbal instructions in English
- Exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally
- Exert 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently
- Exert up to 10 pound of force constantly