Responsible for the design and development of new cylinder prototypes and product changes from concept to full production by using the following:
- Instruct and assist engineering technician in the preparation of drawings and specifications.
- Check completed drawings for accuracy of design, dimensions, tolerances, material specifications, etc.
- Assist in providing technical information to sales, purchasing and manufacturing.
- Perform engineering calculations when necessary.
- Assist in resolving production problems in manufacturing.
- Use PDM (Product Data Management) to define the product (i.e. B.O.M’s and Routings).
- Monitor progress of projects to assure that projects are done on time in a high quality manner and in accordance with customer requirements and ISO 9001 procedures.
- Assist Quality Assurance with the acceptability of manufactured product.
- Communicate with customers regarding product design, and service.
- Management retains the right to assign or change responsibilities upon request.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferably in Mechanical Engineering.
Previous Experience Preferred:
3 to 5 years of experience in manufacturing preferably in the areas of CNC machining and/or welding. Solid understanding of hydraulics principles.,
- Strong communications (oral and written) and good computer skills (i.e. AutoCad 2000, Mechanical Desktop, Inventor, and MS Office).
- General knowledge of welds symbols.
- Able to utilize SigmaNest software to make CNC programs for the CNC torch.