This position is responsible for the design and development of custom hydraulic cylinders and product changes from concept through full production.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for helping with the design, development, quoting and analysis of both new and existing product under the direction of the Director of Engineering
- Will be involved with all product stages including: initial application specifications, material and labor estimations, design and development, manufacturing, and final testing
- Prepare Manufacturing Time Estimates and Bill of Materials for Sales to generate quotes
- Provide technical information to Sales, Production, Purchasing and Quality departments and customers to answer questions/issues
- Review completed drawings for completeness and accuracy of design intent
- Assist Quality/Production with the acceptance/rejection of out-of-tolerance parts
- Must be able to effectively communicate design requirements to fellow engineers, drafters, and manufacturing
- Must help establish weld joint designs in accordance with AWS D14.9 specifications, as well as develop and improve welding and welding related processes and inspections
- Review test data, customer requirements, design calculations etc. to assure cylinders will perform as intended in the application
- Must participate in root cause analysis and team problem solving activities
- Will be required to troubleshoot and provide assistance on the production floor as needed
- Management retains the right to assign or change responsibilities upon request
Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferably in Mechanical Engineering.
Previous Experience Preferred:
3 to 5 years of experience in manufacturing preferably in the areas of CNC machining and/or welding. Solid understanding of hydraulics principles.,
- Strong communications (oral and written) and good computer skills (i.e. AutoCad 2000, Mechanical Desktop, Inventor, and MS Office).
- General knowledge of welds symbols.
- Able to utilize SigmaNest software to make CNC programs for the CNC torch.
How to apply:
Please send resume to email@example.com or apply in person at Columbus Hydraulics 1751 12th Avenue.