|Job title||Manufacturing Engineer|
|Reports to||Facilities Manager|
The Manufacturing Engineering Position will provide technical support to the manufacturing departments for implementing new products, processes, and improvements to existing operations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and improve manufacturing processes in support of new and existing product to ensure timely delivery of quality product.
- Perform time studies of manufacturing processes to be included in the determination of manufacturing labor standards.
- CAD support for tooling print drawings, layouts, and work center designs.
- Oversee the justification, planning, and execution of individual capital projects to scheduled timelines and within approved budget.
- Seek out, research, develop cost analysis, and justification for new methods, procedures, equipment, and materials.
- Lean and/or participate in Continuous Improvement projects using classical Lean techniques including Kaizen & 5S team projects.
- Evaluate production capacity capabilities of existing operations and recommend and implement enhancements as needed.
- Identify manufacturing variability issues and work with Product Engineering, Production, and Maintenance to reduce or eliminate variation in manufacturing processes.
- Develop and lead cost reduction projects.
- Plan and control the procurement process of capital equipment.
- Improving efficiency and safety of the manufacturing process via data collection and interpretation from all shop floor inputs.
- Minimal travel as needed
- Management retains the right to assign or change responsibilities upon request
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline, or an Associate’s degree with 5+ years of experience
Previous Experience Preferred: 5 years
- 5+ years of industrial experience with heavy emphasis on process engineering, tool design, and lean manufacturing.
- Knowledge of process improvement, ability to read and analyze technical drawings.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and project-oriented.
- 3D CAD experience (Autodesk Inventor preferred).
- Understanding of manufacturing processes including machining, welding, fabrication, & painting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Lean training a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
How to apply:
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person at Columbus Hydraulics 1751 12th Avenue.