This is a great opportunity, in a fast-growing company that values our team members and customers alike. Our continued growth is evident by our recently completed new facility, customer demand and continued expansion in our CNC equipment and technology. We are looking for individuals that enjoy working in a positive and team environment. Individuals seeking self-growth in CNC machining that makes a difference in moving the world. Our Library of over 6500 cylinders truly moves the world and it compliments of our team-members.
Columbus Hydraulics is currently looking to fill the position for a CNC Mill and/or Lathe Set-up technician. Position will oversee doing complete set ups on various CNC machines while increasing the efficiency in processes. Ensuring programs and tooling quality are maintained to provide world class hydraulic components with precise measurements. The set-up technician will also make adjustments in tooling or programming during the part run.
Columbus Hydraulics is willing to train the right individual that seeks both individual and team growth with some machining background.
Work center currently hiring for:
- Okuma Cadet Lathe
- Mazak Lathe
- Okuma Lathe
- Okuma LT-200
- Okuma LT-300
- Okuma LB300
- Nakumura SC-250
Self-sufficiently operate CNC mills and lathe with minimal supervision. Follow supervisor/production manager verbal directions. Capable of completing set ups, adjust feed and speed to meet surface finish requirements of hydraulics cylinder components. Also, adjust tool offsets to meet allowable tolerances and capable to use best judgement when tools are worn and need replaced. Role must be able to inspect first piece according to blueprint and must be able to read and understand CNC programs.
Duties and responsibilities
- Programs must have a unique id. specific to the part being manufactured
- Responsible for equipment setups, tooling changes, collet/chuck changeovers, and general machine maintenance
- Ability to keep more than one work center running while helping fellow employees meet quality and quantity part counts
- Ability to read drawings (CAD prints), operator manuals, job orders, and follow procedural instructions
- Ability to inspect, identify, debur and stack production materials
- Ability to read tape measure, calipers, micrometers, thread gages, go-nogo thread and plug gages, depth gages, and bore gages
- Practice in observing safety procedures
- Required to operate overhead cranes and forklifts (optional)
- Working consistently and must be able to work overtime
- Insure that daily output is met and exceeded
- Conducts himself/herself professionally and in a civil manner
- Management retains the right to assign or change responsibilities upon request
Minimum Education: Highly recommended High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
Previous Experience Preferred: 1 year, willing to train the right candidate
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
- Basic keyboard and computer operation skills.
- Knowledge of various CNC lathe/mill machining including set-ups and programming fundamentals
- Able to read and interpret drawings
- Understand basics of a machine shop
- Ability to read, write, and follow written and verbal instructions in English
- Ability to work well with others
- Exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally
- Exert 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently
- Exert up to 10 pound of force constantly
Depending on Experience
Equal Opportunity Employer